Welcome to Design Lab
Turn Your Awesome Idea into a Published Pattern
Free Workshop Design Lab Workshop
When: Thursday, July 13 at 8 pm ET
Where: on Zoom
A replay will be available until July 24th.
RSVP at the link below to join!
I’m putting the finishing touches on my latest class: Design Lab, a unique sweater design course for new and aspiring knitwear designers. If publishing a sweater pattern is on your to do list for 2023, Design Lab is exactly what you need to make that a reality.
I’m really excited to share this new class with you and I want to give you a little taste of what it’s like before the full course launches on July 24th.
I’ll be joined by my pal Jen Parronccini. We’ll be getting into the design development process and the skills you need to start designing garments.
Designing your first sweater is a special landmark in the life of a knitter. And I know first hand how difficult and overwhelming it can feel when you’re just starting out. It’s my hope that this free workshop will help make the process a little less daunting. Click the button below to join!
Full course starts July 24th.
Publishing a winning pattern starts with having an awesome idea, and I’m sure you have notebooks full of them! But a great idea is just the beginning. You need technical skills to back up that creativity. And a proven system to help you avoid getting stuck along the way. I created Design Lab to give you all that and more.
Sweater Design Demystified
How does this sound?
- 14 weeks of Expert guidance on your unique project.
- A flexible, step-by-step framework to help you stay focused.
- Easy to follow templates to put your project on the fast track to completion.
- Strategies to deepen your creative practice and create exciting new designs makers will love.
While I was preparing this course, I laid out every step I take to bring my ideas from thought into reality and I counted over 20 individual actions! So if you’ve ever attempted designing on your own and felt overwhelmed, don’t feel down! Designing your first garment is thrilling but it can be a daunting process, especially your first time through. Now, imagine what it would be like having input from a pro to help you take your ideas from being thoughts into real, wearable garments.
No Nonsense Knitwear Design
Do you want to…
- Get your work into your favorite magazine?
- Learn how to translate what’s in your head onto paper, even if you’re “bad” at drawing.
- See examples of great design submissions.
- Cut down time from idea to release day.
- The only thing that should slow you down is your needles.
- Cut out the indecision.
- Improve your technical skills and push your creativity to the next level.
- Demystify the design development process.
- Learn how to test your ideas so what’s in your head and on the page comes out right.
- Gain confidence in your unique creative outlook.
I can show you how!
- I have almost 15 years of experience designing for top brands in NYC.
- Since 2019 I’ve taught hundreds of designers just like you!
- I’ve been where you are now. I’m a lifelong maker who turned their hobby into a career.
- I’ve worked with yarn companies like Knit Collage, Berroco, and Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- I’ve published with Making, Pom Pom, and more.
Design Lab goes further than your usual learn-to-design-sweaters-course.
- Learn the basics of pattern grading and inclusive sizing.
- Get access to my personal size chart.
- Learn how to utilize trends in your work in a thoughtful way.
- Browse a library of successful design submissions, case studies, and swipe files.
I know it’s summer but hear me out:
do you want to publish your first sweater this fall? You need to start now. I’m not trying to freak you out, but if you have a dream of publishing a sweater this year or pitching to a magazine, I have something for you to turn that dream into reality.
Class starts July 24th.
Sign up below to know when enrollment is open.