Welcome to Design Lab
Turn Your Awesome Idea into a Published Pattern
Free Workshop Design Lab Workshop
Returning March 2024
Design Lab, a unique sweater design course for new and aspiring knitwear designers. If publishing a sweater pattern is on your to do list for 2024, Design Lab is exactly what you need to make that a reality.
Designing your first sweater is a special landmark in the life of a knitter. And I know first hand how difficult and overwhelming it can feel when you’re just starting out. It’s my hope that this free workshop will help make the process a little less daunting. Click the button below to join!
Publishing a winning pattern starts with having an awesome idea, and I’m sure you have notebooks full of them! But a great idea is just the beginning. You need technical skills to back up that creativity. And a proven system to help you avoid getting stuck along the way. I created Design Lab to give you all that and more.
Sweater Design Demystified
How does this sound?
- 14 weeks of Expert guidance on your unique project.
- A flexible, step-by-step framework to help you stay focused.
- Easy to follow templates to put your project on the fast track to completion.
- Strategies to deepen your creative practice and create exciting new designs makers will love.
While I was preparing this course, I laid out every step I take to bring my ideas from thought into reality and I counted over 20 individual actions! So if you’ve ever attempted designing on your own and felt overwhelmed, don’t feel down! Designing your first garment is thrilling but it can be a daunting process, especially your first time through. Now, imagine what it would be like having input from a pro to help you take your ideas from being thoughts into real, wearable garments.
No Nonsense Knitwear Design
Do you want to…
- Get your work into your favorite magazine?
- Learn how to translate what’s in your head onto paper, even if you’re “bad” at drawing.
- See examples of great design submissions.
- Cut down time from idea to release day.
- The only thing that should slow you down is your needles.
- Cut out the indecision.
- Improve your technical skills and push your creativity to the next level.
- Demystify the design development process.
- Learn how to test your ideas so what’s in your head and on the page comes out right.
- Gain confidence in your unique creative outlook.
I can show you how!
- I have almost 15 years of experience designing for top brands in NYC.
- Since 2019 I’ve taught hundreds of designers just like you!
- I’ve been where you are now. I’m a lifelong maker who turned their hobby into a career.
- I’ve worked with yarn companies like Knit Collage, Berroco, and Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- I’ve published with Making, Pom Pom, and more.
Design Lab goes further than your usual learn-to-design-sweaters-course.
- Learn the basics of pattern grading and inclusive sizing.
- Get access to my personal size chart.
- Learn how to utilize trends in your work in a thoughtful way.
- Browse a library of successful design submissions, case studies, and swipe files.
Spring is coming, but hear me out:
do you want to publish your first sweater this fall? You need to start now. I’m not trying to freak you out, but if you have a dream of publishing a sweater this year or pitching to a magazine, I have something for you to turn that dream into reality.
Class starts March 2024.
Sign up below to know when enrollment is open.